Photograph showing the exterior of the nine-story Montgomery Ward warehouse in Portland in September 1920, several months before it opened. A cropped version of this photograph was published on Page 6 of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, September 5, 1920, under the headline “Montgomery Ward Building at Guilds Lake.” The photograph had the following caption: “Pacific coast distributing headquarters of Montgomery Ward & Co., located on a 10-acre tract bounded by Twenty-Seventh, Twenty-ninth, Wilson, and Vaughn streets. The plant will begin operations with 1000 employes [sic] about January 1.” The photograph accompanied a story about the building, headlined “Montgomery Ward Plant to Open January 1.” Also see image No. 376G0168, which may be related. Image note: The text “Montgomery Ward construction” is written on the negative sleeve.