Schools

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Schools

Equivalent terms

Schools

Associated terms

Schools

16 Collections results for Schools

16 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Electrical substation at Eliot School

Photograph looking northeast near the intersection of NE Knott Street and NE Rodney Avenue, showing an electrical substation building with electrical infrastructure. In the background, the Eliot School building is visible at the left side of the frame. On the negative is written "49-148."

Multnomah Guard marching on 6th Street, Portland, during War Activities parade

Photograph showing troops marching in formation past crowds of spectators on Sixth Street (now Southwest 6th Avenue) in Portland. The photograph was taken during the War Activities parade on Saturday, April 6, 1918. The parade was among events marking the issuance of the third Liberty Loan bond to finance the war effort during World War I. A cropped version of this photograph was published on the front page of the Oregon Journal city edition on Sunday, April 7, 1918. The photograph had the following caption: “The Multnomah Guard, Lieutenant Colonel John B. Hibbard commanding, made its first public appearance in War Activities parade Saturday.” The photograph accompanied a story headlined “Big Pageant Wins Cheers Of Throngs.” See related image Nos. 376G0308 and 376G0310.

Rivera School

Photograph showing the Rivera School in the Rivera-Dunthorpe district south of Portland. At right, an unidentified person is tending a shrub at the corner of the building. A cropped version of this photograph was one of two that were published on Page 10 of the Oregon Journal’s city edition on Saturday, April 16, 1921, under the headline “Model Grounds for Model School.” This photograph had the following caption: “Residents of Rivera-Dunthorpe district of west side spent last Saturday improving premises of Rivera school, built by residents as a community enterprise, along modern ideas of making an ideal ‘country’ school. Above—View of Rivera school building showing roofed playground.”

University of Oregon Medical School, 23rd and Lovejoy, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the Victorian-style University of Oregon Medical Department building at 23rd and Lovejoy (now Northwest Twenty-Third Avenue and Northwest Lovejoy Street) in Portland. The number 181 is written on the negative and is visible in the upper left corner of the photograph. Image note: Light leak and negative damage at upper left.

University of Oregon Medical School, Marquam Hill, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the three-story University of Oregon Medical School building on Marquam Hill in Portland in July 1919. A cropped version of this photograph was published on Page 7, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, July 20, 1919, under the headline “U. of O. Medical School.” The photograph had the following caption: “ First building on University of Oregon medical school’s new campus, on Marquam hill.” The photograph accompanied a story with the headline “Medical School of U. Of O. To Be Big Asset To City” and the subheadings “Opening of New Structure on Marquam Hill Will Take Place This Coming October 1. / Portland Will Be Center / Result of Expanding of Great Institution Will Make This City Headquarters in Northwest.” Image note: The text “Medical school” is written on the negative sleeve.

University of Oregon Medical School, Marquam Hill, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of the three-story University of Oregon Medical School building on Marquam Hill in Portland in October 1919. A group of people and cars are outside the building at left. A cropped version of this photograph was one of five published on Page 16, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, October 19, 1919. The photographs were published under the headline “Dream of Great Medical Center Near Realization.” The photographs had the following caption: “Combined University of Oregon medical school and Multnomah county hospital is making rapid strides.” This photograph had the additional caption: “Medical school building, first completed unit of proposed group.” The pictures accompanied a story, which had the headline “Dr. MacKenzie’s Dream Bids Fair to Become True” and the subheadings “Concrete Plans Are Shaping for Building of Medical Center Planned by Dean of U. of O. / Some Money Now Promised / New Structure of Medical School on Marquam Hill Above Terwilliger Boulevard, Is Nucleus.” See related image Nos. 376G0334 and 376G0335. Image note: The text “Medical school” is written on the negative sleeve.

University of Oregon medical students working in freshman study room

Photograph showing young men working at long tables in the freshman study room at the new University of Oregon Medical School building on Marquam Hill in Portland in October 1919. The second young man from left is holding up a rat by the tail; others are looking into microscopes. A cropped version of this photograph was one of five published on Page 16, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, October 19, 1919. The photographs were published under the headline “Dream of Great Medical Center Near Realization.” The photographs had the following caption: “Combined University of Oregon medical school and Multnomah county hospital is making rapid strides.” This photograph had the additional caption: “Scene in freshman study room, with a rat as exhibit ‘A.’ ” The pictures accompanied a story, which had the headline “Dr. MacKenzie’s Dream Bids Fair to Become True” and the subheadings “Concrete Plans Are Shaping for Building of Medical Center Planned by Dean of U. of O. / Some Money Now Promised / New Structure of Medical School on Marquam Hill Above Terwilliger Boulevard, Is Nucleus.” See related image Nos. 376G0333 and 376G0335. Image note: The text “Medical school” is written on the negative sleeve.

University of Oregon medical students working in laboratory

Photograph showing students working at long tables in a laboratory at the new University of Oregon Medical School building on Marquam Hill in Portland in October 1919. A cropped version of this photograph was one of five published on Page 16, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, October 19, 1919. The photographs were published under the headline “Dream of Great Medical Center Near Realization.” The photographs had the following caption: “Combined University of Oregon medical school and Multnomah county hospital is making rapid strides.” This photograph had the additional caption: “Sophomore medical students at work in bacteriological laboratory.” The pictures accompanied a story, which had the headline “Dr. MacKenzie’s Dream Bids Fair to Become True” and the subheadings “Concrete Plans Are Shaping for Building of Medical Center Planned by Dean of U. of O. / Some Money Now Promised / New Structure of Medical School on Marquam Hill Above Terwilliger Boulevard, Is Nucleus.” See related image Nos. 376G0333 and 376G0334. Image note: The text “Medical school” is written on the negative sleeve.

Marylhurst Normal School building, Marylhurst, Oregon

Photograph showing the exterior of the Marylhurst Normal School building on the Marylhurst College campus and some of the surrounding grounds. The photograph was taken from the southwest corner of the building. The unconfirmed note “Marylhurst College nurses bldgs 5/10/44” is written on the negative sleeve. Marylhurst College, located in Marylhurst, Oregon, became Marylhurst University in 1998.

Marylhurst College administration building

Photograph showing the exterior of the Marylhurst College administration building and some of the surrounding grounds. The photograph was taken from the southwest corner of the building. The unconfirmed note “Marylhurst College nurses bldgs 5/10/44” is written on the negative sleeve. Marylhurst College, located in Marylhurst, Oregon, became Marylhurst University in 1998.

Marylhurst College administration building

Photograph showing the exterior of the Marylhurst College administration building and some of the surrounding grounds. The photograph was taken from the southwest corner of the building. The unconfirmed note “Marylhurst College nurses bldgs 5/10/44” is written on the negative sleeve. Marylhurst College, located in Marylhurst, Oregon, became Marylhurst University in 1998.