Photograph of unidentified workers guiding a steel girder into place during construction of the Ross Island Bridge on September 13, 1926. The girder joined the two pieces of the bridge’s center arch. A cropped version of this photograph was published on Page 1 of the Oregon Journal that day. The photograph had the headline “Gap in Ross Island Bridge Closed” and the caption “Swinging girder on north side of center span into place. Contractor J. H. Pomeroy at left.” The photograph accompanied a story on the same page, headlined “Gap is Closed in Ross Island Span.” Also see image Nos. 371N5074, 371N5077, and 371N5078.