Portland (Or.)

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Portland (Or.)

Equivalent terms

Portland (Or.)

Associated terms

Portland (Or.)

232 Collections results for Portland (Or.)

232 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Portland General Electric Photograph Collection

  • Org. Lot 151
  • Collection
  • 1880 - 1965

Negatives documenting company activities, including electrical infrastructure, employees, power generation and distribution throughout Portland, the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Cascade Range. Additional general images include streetcars and trains, street lighting, power line installation, Rose Festival floats, office buildings, car barns and bridges. Of particular note are dam building projects at Bull Run and along the Clackamas River (1910-1930), and early electric stations in Oregon City at Willamette Falls.

Portland General Electric Company

Portland Mayor George L. Baker congratulating police Captain John T. Moore on retirement

Photograph showing Portland Mayor George L. Baker shaking hands with Portland police Captain John T. Moore in the council chambers at City Hall on October 26, 1932. A cropped version of this photograph was published on Page 2 of the Oregon Journal home edition that day under the headline “39 Long Years of It.” The photograph had the following caption: “Mayor George L. Baker (standing at left) congratulating Captain John T. Moore, veteran police officer, on completion of his 39 years of service. Moore will retire November 1. At the right is Chief of Police [Leon V.] Jenkins. In front of the group are Sigel Grutze, deputy city auditor, who has had 42 years’ service with the city, and Mrs. George Houck, assistant clerk of the city council.” Image note: The text “Insp Moore” is written on the negative and is visible on the left side of the photograph.

Pioneer courthouse

Pioneer Courthouse, photographed from the roof of the building just north of the YMCA at Sixth Avenue and Yamhill Street. Taken Oct. 16, 1938. Also known as the Pioneer Post Office.

White, Minor

Pioneer courthouse

Pioneer Courthouse, photographed from the YMCA Building at Sixth Avenue and Yamhill Street. Taken Oct. 16, 1938. Also known as the Pioneer Post Office.

White, Minor

Pioneer courthouse

Pioneer Courthouse, photographed from the YMCA Building at Sixth Avenue and Yamhill Street. Taken Oct. 16, 1938. Also known as the Pioneer Post Office.

White, Minor

Cook Building door

Cast-iron details of doorway to Cook’s Building, located on the east side of Front Avenue, directly across from Vine Street. Taken October 16, 1938.

White, Minor

Front Avenue

Front Avenue looking south from the Burnside Bridge, Oct. 16, 1938. The 1st building from the left was the Johnson and Spaulding Building, followed by the Johnson Building, Dodd Block, and Cook’s Building. On Front Avenue, between Ash and Pine.

White, Minor

Buildings and automobiles on Front Avenue

Front Avenue looking south from under the Burnside Bridge, Oct. 18, 1938. The two buildings visible were, from left, the Johnson Building and Dodd’s Block, on the east side of Front Avenue facing each other across Ankeny Street. Automobiles are parked on both sides of the street.

White, Minor

The Portland Hotel

The Portland Hotel, also known as the Hotel Portland, looking west from Yamhill Street. People wait on the sidewalk at a streetcar stop. Taken October 18, 1938.

White, Minor

Results 1 to 28 of 232