Part of Cartes-de-Visite photographs
Levi C. Millard, born about 1846 in New Jersey, the son of Dr. Justin Millard. He reportedly joined the Multnomah Engine Co. No. 2 in Portland on January 7, 1857, as a volunteer firefighter. He was a wholesale liquor dealer in Portland in 1870, co-owning the firm of Millard & VanSchuyver, who were successors to Ladd, Reed & Co.