Showing 113 results

Collections
With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

View of 6th Street, downtown Portland

Photograph, taken from the middle of the road, showing streetcar tracks running down what is probably 6th Street, now Southwest 6th Avenue, in Portland. At left center is Terwilliger Garage. The number 3 is written on the negative and is visible in the bottom right corner of the image.

United States National Bank building, Portland

Photograph showing the front of the United States National Bank building in Portland and cars passing on the street. The photograph was taken from the corner of 6th and Stark streets, now Southwest 6th Avenue and Southwest Stark Street. The number 7 is written on the negative and is partially visible at the top of the image.

Masonic Temple, West Park Street, Portland

Photograph of the Masonic Temple on West Park Street (now Southwest Park Avenue) in Portland. The photograph was taken at the intersection of Park and Madison Street. The streets next to the building are lined with parked cars. The temple is now part of the Portland Art Museum and is known as the Mark Building. See related image No. 373G0448.

Studio Building at corner of West Park and Taylor, Portland

Photograph showing the nine-story Studio Building at West Park and Taylor streets (now Southwest 9th Avenue and Southwest Taylor Street) in Portland. To the right is the attached theater, which later became the Guild Theatre. The building was completed in 1927. The photograph was taken from Taylor Street and the view is toward the northwest.

Masonic Temple, West Park Street, Portland

Photograph of the Masonic Temple on West Park Street (now Southwest Park Avenue) in Portland. The photograph was taken at the intersection of Park and Main Street. The streets next to the building are lined with parked cars. The temple is now part of the Portland Art Museum and is known as the Mark Building.

View of 6th Street, downtown Portland, facing north

Photograph showing the view of traffic and buildings on Sixth Street (now Southwest Sixth Avenue) in Portland. The view is to the north. The intersection at the bottom of the image is Morrison Street (now Southwest Morrison Street). At center right is the Meier & Frank building. The number 6 is written on the negative and is visible in the upper right corner of the image.

Morrison Street, downtown Portland, facing northwest

Photograph showing traffic and buildings along Morrison Street (now Southwest Morrison Street) in downtown Portland. The intersection at center is 6th and Morrison. At left front is Pioneer Courthouse, and at left center is the Portland Hotel. At upper right is the Northwestern National Bank Building, now known as the American Bank Building. Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Congress Hotel building, 6th and Main, Portland

Photograph showing the Congress Hotel building at 6th and Main streets (now Southwest 6th Avenue and Southwest Main Street) in Portland. On the ground floor is the Keaton Tire & Rubber Co. The photograph was taken on Main Street and the view is toward the east. Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

View of 6th Street, downtown Portland, facing north

Photograph, taken from a high angle, showing traffic and buildings along 6th Street (now Southwest 6th Avenue) in Portland. The intersection toward the bottom is 6th and Morrison Street (now Southwest Morrison Street). At lower left is the Portland Hotel, and at center left is the Northwestern National Bank Building (now the American Bank Building). At center right is the Meier and Frank Building. Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Three men with Churn Maid Products Co. trucks on Southeast Union Avenue?, Portland

Photograph showing three Churn Maid Products Co. delivery trucks parked on the street. An unidentified man is standing next to each truck. On the buildings in the background are signs for Churn Maid; Dairy’s Supply Co. Inc., and Portland Stove & Furnace Repair Works. This photograph was probably taken in Portland in the 300 block of Southeast Union Avenue (now Southeast Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard). Image note: Light leak on negative.

White King Soap Company office, Portland

Photograph showing the White King Soap Company office at Southeast Water Avenue and Southeast Madison street in Portland. A White King truck is parked outside the building, and several unidentified men are standing on the street corner. See related image No. 372A1169.

Portland Bottling Company, North Williams Avenue, Portland

Photograph showing a Portland Bottling Co. truck parked outside the company’s building at 1271 North Williams Avenue in Portland. Signs on the building read (from left): “For the 7 Hang Overs”; “Home of 7UP”; “Takes the Ouch out of Grouch”; “Portland Bottling Co.” Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Journal Building, Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the northwest corner of the Journal Building and part of the intersection of Yamhill and Broadway in Portland (now Southwest Yamhill Street and Southwest Broadway). The Oregon Journal occupied the building from 1912 until 1948; it is now known as the Jackson Tower.

Frank J. Cobbs house and grounds, Montgomery Drive, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high angle, showing the grounds and Jacobethan home of Frank J. Cobbs during construction in 1918. The home, located at what is now 2424 SW Montgomery Drive in Portland, was designed by architect Albert E. Doyle. A cropped version of this photograph and image No. 373G0503 were published on Page 22 of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, July 7, 1918. The photographs were published under the headline “Handsome Cobbs Home Nears Completion.” The pictures had the following caption: “Beautiful new home being built on Montgomery Drive for Frank J. Cobbs at a cost of approximately $150,000.” The photographs accompanied a story about the home.

Frank J. Cobbs house, Montgomery Drive, Portland

Photograph, taken from the road, showing the Jacobethan home of Frank J. Cobbs during construction in 1918. The home, located at what is now 2424 SW Montgomery Drive in Portland, was designed by architect Albert E. Doyle. A cropped version of this photograph and image No. 373G0502 were published on Page 22 of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, July 7, 1918. The photographs were published under the headline “Handsome Cobbs Home Nears Completion.” The pictures had the following caption: “Beautiful new home being built on Montgomery Drive for Frank J. Cobbs at a cost of approximately $150,000.” The photographs accompanied a story about the home.

First Unitarian Church, Portland

Photograph showing the First Unitarian Church at Southwest 12th Avenue and Southwest Salmon Street in Portland. Cars are parked on the street outside the church. The photograph was taken from Southwest 12th Avenue and the view is to the north. The text “Unitarian Church” is written on the negative and is partially visible in the lower right corner of the image. Also see related image Nos. 372A1260 and 372A1262.

Results 29 to 56 of 113