Photograph showing a United States flag, a Navy “E” Award pennant (left), and an Army-Navy “E” Award pennant flying on a flagpole at the Albina Engine & Machine Works shipyard in Portland. The “E” awards were granted for outstanding wartime production efforts. The Navy “E” award was given until July 1942, and the combined Army-Navy “E” Award was given from July 1942 through August 1945. The Albina shipyard received the Army-Navy pennant with a star, shown in this photograph, in October 1942; a presentation ceremony was held on October 27, 1942. A star was given when award recipients maintained their performance record for six months after receiving the original award. Image note: The number 121 is written on the negative and is visible in the lower right corner. The text “Albina shipbuilding / 10/30/42” is written on the negative sleeve. The exact date is unconfirmed. Photograph shows spots of discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.