Photograph showing the memorial to Portland Fire Chief David Campbell and the surrounding buildings, occupied by automotive businesses. The monument features a bronze bas-relief of Campbell set into a limestone base above a fountain. The memorial is between Southwest Alder Street and Southwest 18th and 19th avenues. Campbell was killed on June 26, 1911, while fighting a fire at the Union Oil distribution plant. A cropped version of this photograph was one of 13 that were published on Page 1, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, March 10, 1929. The photographs were part of a “motorlog” describing a car trip around Portland to view public art. The spread included photographs of the statues and the car driven on the trip; a map of the route; and a story, headlined “Memorials Grace City / Notable Works of Art Adorn Parks and Plazas of Portland, as Motorlog Shows.” The photographs were published under their own headline and subheading: “Portland’s Statues Viewed Via Motor / Delightful Drive in Reo Flying Cloud over Route that Includes Locations of Twelve of Portland’s Art Treasures.” The tour began and ended at the Journal Building at Southwest Broadway and Yamhill in downtown Portland. The Campbell memorial was stop number 8 on the trip. See related image Nos. 371N5421, 371N5461, 371N2898, 371N2899, 371N2900, and 371N2901, which were also part of the spread.