Showing 6 results

Collections
Jackson Tower (Portland, Or.) Office buildings--Oregon--Portland
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

6 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Journal Building, Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the northwest corner of the Journal Building and part of the intersection of Yamhill and Broadway in Portland (now Southwest Yamhill Street and Southwest Broadway). The Oregon Journal occupied the building from 1912 until 1948; it is now known as the Jackson Tower.

Journal Building, Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the Journal Building at Broadway and Yamhill Street (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill Street) in Portland. The view is toward the southeast. Workers are visible in some of the windows and at the entrance. The photograph may have been taken in 1912, when the building was still under construction. It was completed that year.

Journal Building, Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the Journal Building at Broadway and Yamhill Street (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill Street) in Portland. The view is toward the southeast. The photograph may have been taken in 1919; a sign in the window on the ground floor reads “War Savings Stamps 1919.”

Journal Building under construction at Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the Journal Building during construction at Broadway and Yamhill (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill Street) in Portland in 1912. It was completed later that year. The building is now known as the Jackson Tower. Text that appears to be “3X34” or “3434” and the number 409 are written on the negative and are visible I the upper left corner of the image.

Entrance to Mary Cullen’s Cottage, Journal Building, downtown Portland

Photograph showing the entrance to Mary Cullen’s Cottage in the Journal Building on Broadway (now Southwest Broadway) in downtown Portland. Painted above the door are the words “Mary Cullen’s Cottage,” and painted above the bay window to the left of the door are the words “Household Arts Service of The JOURNAL.” Mary Cullen’s Cottage housed the Oregon Journal’s household department and a demonstration kitchen. The Journal Building is now known as the Jackson Tower.

Broadway entrance to Journal Building, downtown Portland

Photograph, taken from across the street, showing entrances to the Oregon Journal Building on Broadway (now Southwest Broadway) in Portland. At right is the entrance to Mary Cullen’s Cottage, which housed the Journal’s household arts department and a demonstration kitchen. Cars are parked on the street outside the building. The Journal Building is now known as the Jackson Tower.