Photograph of Kendall station, Springwater Division, on 82nd Street. Viewed from between two railroad tracks, the small wooden station building with “Kendall” sign is next to a road and a large transmission line. The name “Geo. Smith Grocer” is written on the side of the larger building.
Photograph of Gilbart Station, Springwater Division, Bucklay Avenue. Taken at an intersection of two dirt roads, a railroad crossing can be seen across the road on the left. Two wooden houses are visible in the distance, as well as numerous electric lines.
Full length portrait of W. Traub in uniform and hat. To the right of the photograph is written additional information, such as badge number, division and record. To the left additional information about another photographed individual can e seen (incomplete).
Photograph showing two portraits of Fred Cooper (Superintendent of Transportation of the Portland Rail Light and Power Company). On the left, is a portrait of Fred Cooper wearing a uniform, with a caption reading “Twenty years ago.” On the right, is another portrait also of Fred Cooper wearing a suit and tie with caption, “Today.”
Photograph of a Marion Steam Shovel cutting through a loose dirt hillside. Trees and stumps are visible at the edge of the hill. Men pose with the steam shovel while looking at the camera. On the side of the machine is written “Marion, C.J. Cook Co., Portland Oregon.”
Photograph showing the exterior of Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) with several buildings visible. Railroad tracks pass through the front of the frame, and water from the Willamette River can be seen in front of the main stone building.
Photograph of the engine room of Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) showing machinery. A person in a white shirt can be seen on the right side of the frame, and the front unit has “General Electric Company” written on it.
Photograph showing a small horse street car, with “Columbia Land Improvement Co.” written on the side. The car sits on a track on a wooden platform. The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame) with the caption “Horse Car.”
Photograph showing a wrecked building with street cars in the debris. Several men stand on top of one of the cars while looking at the camera. A large pile of building debris surrounds the cars, and other buildings can be seen in the background. The photograph is a reproduction of a printed image.
Photograph showing a group of people posing with four railroad trains. All the individuals are looking at the camera, and a train garage building can be seen in the background. On the left side of the image, a man holds a baby in front of the train with “4” painted on. The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame).
Photograph showing multiple horse-drawn streets cars, shown in front of a building. People stand near the cars while looking at the camera, and at least one horse can be seen, attached to the first car. Written on the side of the cars is “W.B.BT Co.” The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame) with the caption “In the Old Street Car Days.”
Photograph of street car #700, with conductor standing at front window pointing straight. Written on the front of the train is a sign saying “Portland Car Service is Unsurpassed,” and “Sellwood” is indicated at the top. A small kiosk building is visible on the right side of the frame. The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame), with the caption “Modern P-A-Y-E Car.”
Photograph showing train #1404, parked on tracks. On the side of the train is written “The Portland Railway Light & Power Co.” Stacks of pipes can be seen in the background on the left side of the frame.
Photograph showing two cars on a railway trestle bridge, with the Alice Druhot house visible in the background (1903 SW Cable Street). People sit and stand in the cars while looking at the camera. Behind the trains, dirt hills are visible, with very little foliage. On the side of each train is written “Portland Cable Railway Co” and “Post Office – Court House.” The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame).
Photograph showing a women getting on a twin car train. The woman is wearing a hat with a veil and a striped dress. To either side of the woman, two other attached cars are separated by safety gates. (Image note: top left corner of glass negative is broken).
Photograph showing work train #927 in front of a two-story wooden building. On the left side of the image, a brick drugstore can be seen. What appears to be a rope and pulley system are visible on the train car.
Photograph showing the interior of train car #78. A doorway separates passenger seating from the drivers area, and advertisements can be seen along the ceiling. Electric lights line the center of the car.
Photograph showing the interior of train car #1098 with rows of seats and closed door. Advertisements line the ceiling above the windows, and two rows of electric light bulbs can be seen at either side of the car.
Round portrait of the head and shoulders of a man with a mustache and uniform. Below the man is a caption that reads “40.” Other incomplete portraits are visible on the right and bottom of the frame. The same individual is photographed in PGE134-9.
Photograph showing the Electric Building at 621 SW Alder Street. A caption at the bottom of the photo reads “Electric Building, corner of Broadway and Alder). A woman in a dress stands in the street to the right of the building. The top of the Oregonian building can be seen in the background.
Two portraits of the same man, taken twenty years apart. On the left portrait is the caption “Twenty years ago.” On the right, the man is older with the caption “today.” At the bottom of both images is written “Charles Cooper – Entered service of C. & S.Ry. April 12th, 1892 as first assistant engineer in power plant. At present in charge of station ‘E’ power station P.Ry.L & P.Co.”
Two portraits of the same man, taken twenty years apart. On the left portrait is the caption “Twenty years ago.” On the right, the man is older with the caption “today.” At the bottom of both images is written “J.A. Ryan.”
Interior photograph of room 621 in the Portland Electric Building, showing electric meters and phone system. Two desks can be seen, as well as a clock and ceiling light. A board on the far wall shows station and substations names. Building located at 621 Southwest Alder street in Portland.