Negatives documenting company activities, including electrical infrastructure, employees, power generation and distribution throughout Portland, the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Cascade Range. Additional general images include streetcars and trains, street lighting, power line installation, Rose Festival floats, office buildings, car barns and bridges. Of particular note are dam building projects at Bull Run and along the Clackamas River (1910-1930), and early electric stations in Oregon City at Willamette Falls.
Photograph taken at Station L (now the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) of hog fuel being unloaded via a derrick from a barge on the Willamette River. The Hawthorne bridge can be seen in the distance, as well as other boats. One person stands on the barge watching a crate being lifted onto the dock.
Photograph looking towards to the west, showing a barge and tug boat on the Willamette River. The Hawthorne Bridge is visible to the right, and numerous buildings along the waterfront can be seen. Written on the negative is "50-471."
Photograph showing a barge and small boat on the Willamette River in Portland. In the distance, the Hawthorne bridge can be seen. Written on the back of the barge is "Portland General Electric Co. Barge no. 14, Portland Ore." To the right of the barge is wooden dock structure. Written on the negative is "49-298."
Photograph showing a trestle cable car from the Portland Cable Railway. A large trestle is seen on a steep hillside, with wooden houses in the foreground. Two cars can be seen on the wooden structure. The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen in the frame), with caption “Scene from the cable RY. trestle on Portland Heights 1892.”
Street scene with train and pedestrians. Signage on the train indicates “Sellwood” “East Moreland and Reed College” and a bridge appears in the background (potentially Hawthorne Bridge). Storefronts for business as hotels visible, such as “Hotel Wyoming” and “Palace Laundry”.
Photograph showing two cars on a railway trestle bridge, with the Alice Druhot house visible in the background (1903 SW Cable Street). People sit and stand in the cars while looking at the camera. Behind the trains, dirt hills are visible, with very little foliage. On the side of each train is written “Portland Cable Railway Co” and “Post Office – Court House.” The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame).