Photograph, possibly from a copy negative, showing First Presbyterian Church at 3rd and Washington in Portland. At the front of a church is a three-story square tower. Visible in the upper left corner is the handwritten text “First Presbyterian Church. / N. W. cor. 3rd & Washington sts.” Below that is a date that could be either “July, 1881” or “July, 1887.” Image note: Light leak on negative.
Photograph showing St. David’s Parish House, a wooden church with a spire. The church was on East Morrison Street (now Southeast Morrison Street) in Portland, just east of the intersection with 12th Street (now Southeast 12th Avenue).
Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the northwest corner of the Journal Building and part of the intersection of Yamhill and Broadway in Portland (now Southwest Yamhill Street and Southwest Broadway). The Oregon Journal occupied the building from 1912 until 1948; it is now known as the Jackson Tower.
Photograph showing Oregon Journal trucks parked outside the newspaper offices in the Journal Building (now the Jackson Tower) at Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill in Portland. The trucks are on the Yamhill side of the building.
Photograph showing the Northwestern National Bank Building and the intersection of 6th and Morrison streets (now Southwest 6th Avenue and Southwest Morrison Street) in Portland. The view is from the southeast side of the intersection. The building is now the American Bank Building. See related image No. 373G0453.
Photograph showing the Northwestern National Bank Building and the intersection of Sixth and Morrison streets (now Southwest 6th Avenue and Southwest Morrison Street) in Portland. The view is from the southeast side of the intersection. The building is now the American Bank Building. See related image No. 373G0452.
Photograph showing the Multnomah County Central Library building in Portland. The view is of the southwest corner of the building at 11th and Taylor streets (now SW 11th Avenue and Southwest Taylor Street).
Photograph of a picture of a city street, possibly 5th Street (now Southwest Fifth Avenue) in Portland. The picture, taken from a high vantage, shows buildings and streetcars. The building at left may be the Meier & Frank building at 5th and Morrison. At bottom center is a sign for Moore’s Cafeteria.
Photograph, taken from across the street, showing the front of the Laurelhurst Club at 1125 East Ankeny Street (now 3721 East Ankeny Street) in Portland. A car with an unidentified person in the driver’s seat is parked on the street outside the clubhouse. The view is to the north.
Photograph showing, railroad tracks, mills, and factories along waterfront land in North Portland. At right is the Western Waxed Paper Company; at left, on the water, is the L. B. Menefee Lumber Company Shingle Mill.
Photograph showing the Artisans Building at the northwest corner of Broadway and Oak (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Oak Street) in Portland. The Lumbermens Trust Company is on the ground floor. The photograph was taken from a high angle on the southeast corner of the intersection.
Photograph, taken from a high angle, showing traffic and buildings along 6th Street (now Southwest 6th Avenue) in Portland. The view is toward the south. The intersection at center is 6th and Oak Street. At right center is the Wells Fargo Building. The tower of the Oregonian building is partially visible in the distance at right. Also visible are signs for the Virginia Hotel (lower left); the Guaranty Building (center left); the National Portland Garages (lower right); Faturo's Mens Wear (lower right); and the Columbia Theatre (arched above the street in the distance).
Photograph of a seven-story building at the corner of 16th and Yamhill streets (now Southwest 16th Avenue and Southwest Yamhill Street) in Portland. A sign for the Hotel Mallory is visible at upper right. Image note: Photograph quality is poor due to extensive deterioration of the negative.
Photograph, taken from a high angle, showing the view down 6th Street in Portland (now Southwest 6th Avenue). The intersection at the bottom of the image is 6th and Washington, and the view is to the southwest. The tower of the Oregonian building and the Northwestern National Bank building (now the American Bank Building) are visible at top right. The Meier & Frank building is at center left.
Photograph, taken in the fall of 1929, of the exterior of Westminster Presbyterian Church with a new unit at left. The church is on NE Hancock Street in Portland. Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.
Photograph, taken from the middle of the road, showing streetcar tracks running down what is probably 6th Street, now Southwest 6th Avenue, in Portland. At left center is Terwilliger Garage. The number 3 is written on the negative and is visible in the bottom right corner of the image.
Photograph showing the front of the United States National Bank building in Portland and cars passing on the street. The photograph was taken from the corner of 6th and Stark streets, now Southwest 6th Avenue and Southwest Stark Street. The number 7 is written on the negative and is partially visible at the top of the image.
Photograph showing the view of traffic and buildings on Sixth Street (now Southwest Sixth Avenue) in Portland. The view is to the north. The intersection at the bottom of the image is Morrison Street (now Southwest Morrison Street). At center right is the Meier & Frank building. The number 6 is written on the negative and is visible in the upper right corner of the image.