The Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church stands on the southeast corner of N. Vancouver Ave. and Fargo Street. It was originally built in 1909 for the Central Methodist Episcopal Church. Vancouver Avenue (established in 1944) purchased the building in 1951 and inhabits it still. The church was renovated and enlarged in 1957-1958.
Photograph, taken from the side, showing the entrance to the First Unitarian Church at Southwest 12th Avenue and Southwest Salmon Street in Portland. The text “Unitarian Church” is written on the negative and is partially visible in the lower right corner of the image. Also see related image Nos. 372A1261 and 372A1262.
Photograph showing St. David’s Parish House, a wooden church with a spire. The church was on East Morrison Street (now Southeast Morrison Street) in Portland, just east of the intersection with 12th Street (now Southeast 12th Avenue).
Photograph showing the First Unitarian Church at Southwest 12th Avenue and Southwest Salmon Street in Portland. Cars are parked on the street outside the church. The photograph was taken from Southwest 12th Avenue and the view is to the north. The text “Unitarian Church” is written on the negative and is partially visible in the lower right corner of the image. Also see related image Nos. 372A1260 and 372A1262.
Unidentified members of the congregation standing in front of the east side of the Bethel AME (African Methodist Episcopal) Church. The Bethel AME Church once stood on the corner of N. Larrabee Ave. and N. McMillen Street. It was torn down in the 1950s when the city built the Memorial Coliseum.
Photograph, possibly from a copy negative, showing First Presbyterian Church at 3rd and Washington in Portland. At the front of a church is a three-story square tower. Visible in the upper left corner is the handwritten text “First Presbyterian Church. / N. W. cor. 3rd & Washington sts.” Below that is a date that could be either “July, 1881” or “July, 1887.” Image note: Light leak on negative.