Mostrando 91 resultados

Descripción archivística
Churches
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

89 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church collection, 1940-2015

  • Coll 189
  • Colección
  • 1940 - 2015

The collection covers various aspects of the history of the church and of its leader, Rev. O.B. Williams, and his wife Willa Jackson Williams. It includes a variety of photographs, with a large percentage of the images relating to the various church groups, including choirs, youth groups, and ushers. A large collection of members’ memorial cards, the pastoral anniversaries of Rev. Williams, some bibles and hymnals (many annotated by Rev. Williams, including two dated 1867 and 1890), church financial records and meeting minutes, and a collection of materials from Dr. Martin Luther King’s 1961 visit are included. A small collection of the Williams’ personal photographs and ephemera can also be found in collection.

Sin título

First Baptist Church of Burton Homes

The Vancouver Avenue Baptist Church began as the First Baptist Church of Burton Homes, a federal wartime housing project managed by the Vancouver Housing Authority (Washington state). Most of the people in this 1945 photo of an early service were employees of the Kaiser Shipyards. The church moved to the Bagley Downs housing project later that year, then to Vanport City in 1946, and finally to the Albina neighborhood in Portland after Vanport was flooded in 1948. The current building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places for its significance to the history of civil rights in Oregon.

Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church building

The Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church stands on the southeast corner of N. Vancouver Ave. and Fargo Street. It was originally built in 1909 for the Central Methodist Episcopal Church. Vancouver Avenue (established in 1944) purchased the building in 1951 and inhabits it still. The church was renovated and enlarged in 1957-1958.

Lee Owen Stone papers, 1903-1977

  • Mss 2423
  • Colección
  • 1930 - 1977

Collection includes: Correspondence, sermons, awards and certificates, files from his activity in the Urban League of Portland and other civil and philanthropic associations, minutes of meetings for Men's Club of St. Philip the Deacon Episcopal Church, missionaries' quarterly reports, etc.

Sin título

Bethel AME Church

Unidentified members of the congregation standing in front of the east side of the Bethel AME (African Methodist Episcopal) Church. The Bethel AME Church once stood on the corner of N. Larrabee Ave. and N. McMillen Street. It was torn down in the 1950s when the city built the Memorial Coliseum.

First Congregational Church window

A glass window and wooden pews at Congregational Church in Portland. The window shows a seated man and a woman holding a clay jar (negative 1 of 11).

Sin título

Trinity Lutheran Church window

Glass windows, a small balcony, and a piano at Trinity Lutheran Church. The top windows feature a lamb, while a robed figure can be seen in the bottom. The building later became the Morning Star Baptist Church, which burned down in 2007 (negative 1 of 8).

Sin título

Church

Photograph of the exterior of an unidentified church. Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Church

Photograph of the exterior of an unidentified church. The number 9 is written on the negative and is visible in the upper left corner of the image.

Mount Olivet Baptist Church

Photograph of the exterior of Mount Olivet Baptist Church at the corner of NE 1st Avenue and NE Schuyler Avenue in Portland. The building is now occupied by The Well Community Church.

Church

Photograph of the exterior of a church located at the corner of what is now NE Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. and NE Senate St. Image note: Photograph is out of focus.

Dr. Raymond B. Walker and First Congregational Church building models

Photograph of Dr. Raymond B. Walker, pastor of First Congregational Church in Downtown Portland, standing next to two models of the first and second church buildings created for the 80th anniversary celebration of the First Congregational Church. This photo was published in the June 13, 1931 Issue of the Oregon Journal. Also see image Nos. 371N4287 and 371N4288.

Resultados 1 a 28 de 91