Photograph showing a small horse street car, with “Columbia Land Improvement Co.” written on the side. The car sits on a track on a wooden platform. The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame) with the caption “Horse Car.”
Photograph showing multiple horse-drawn streets cars, shown in front of a building. People stand near the cars while looking at the camera, and at least one horse can be seen, attached to the first car. Written on the side of the cars is “W.B.BT Co.” The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame) with the caption “In the Old Street Car Days.”
Photograph showing train #1404, parked on tracks. On the side of the train is written “The Portland Railway Light & Power Co.” Stacks of pipes can be seen in the background on the left side of the frame.
Photograph of a sightseeing car seen on a city street. On the car is written “Observation car ‘Seeing Portland’” and “Daily Washington and Fifth Streets.” On the right side of the image, a lighted sign for Hotel Del Majo can be seen.
Photograph showing work train #927 in front of a two-story wooden building. On the left side of the image, a brick drugstore can be seen. What appears to be a rope and pulley system are visible on the train car.
Street scene with train and pedestrians. Signage on the train indicates “Sellwood” “East Moreland and Reed College” and a bridge appears in the background (potentially Hawthorne Bridge). Storefronts for business as hotels visible, such as “Hotel Wyoming” and “Palace Laundry”.
Photograph showing the interior of train car #78. A doorway separates passenger seating from the drivers area, and advertisements can be seen along the ceiling. Electric lights line the center of the car.
Photograph showing the interior of train car #1098 with rows of seats and closed door. Advertisements line the ceiling above the windows, and two rows of electric light bulbs can be seen at either side of the car.
Photograph showing street scene with icy streets and electric utility lines, possibly at Washington and Park. Several horse-drawn carts can be seen in the distance, as well as pedestrians. Icicles hang from the electric utility lines throughout the frame.
Photograph showing a cement building being moved via wooden dowels. The round wooden dowels are on top of other layers of cut wood. Several men stand around the building, and utility poles and electric lines can be seen along the left side of the image.
Photograph showing a construction area, with wooden flooring, a wooden tower, and a chute extending towards the center of the frame. Wooden buildings can be seen in the background and to the left of the construction area, and a labeled measuring stick is leaning against a building also near the center of the frame.
Negatives documenting company activities, including electrical infrastructure, employees, power generation and distribution throughout Portland, the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Cascade Range. Additional general images include streetcars and trains, street lighting, power line installation, Rose Festival floats, office buildings, car barns and bridges. Of particular note are dam building projects at Bull Run and along the Clackamas River (1910-1930), and early electric stations in Oregon City at Willamette Falls.
Negatives documenting company activities, including electrical infrastructure, employees, power generation and distribution throughout Portland, the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Cascade Range. Additional general images include employee parties and picnics, street lighting, power line installation, Rose Festival floats, office buildings, and dam infrastructure.
Photograph showing a transformer at the Fairmont substation in June of 1949. Above the transformer, numerous ceramic insulators can be seen, as well as a large "PGE" sign. On the negative is written "49-135," which is crossed out and replaced with "49-101."
Photograph showing people and cars in front of a fenced substation. Multiple men in suits and hats stand on the sidewalk in front of the metal fence, behind which several large pieces of electrical equipment can be seen. On the negative is written "49-102."