Negatives documenting company activities, including electrical infrastructure, employees, power generation and distribution throughout Portland, the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Cascade Range. Additional general images include streetcars and trains, street lighting, power line installation, Rose Festival floats, office buildings, car barns and bridges. Of particular note are dam building projects at Bull Run and along the Clackamas River (1910-1930), and early electric stations in Oregon City at Willamette Falls.
Photograph showing a brick and wood building with two smokestacks. In front of the building is a dirt road, and several wheels can be seen on either side of the building. In the background are other buildings, utility poles, and electric lines. Written on the negative is “S324” and “July 1911 Vancouver Sub. Sta.”
Photograph showing a cement building being moved via wooden dowels. The round wooden dowels are on top of other layers of cut wood. Several men stand around the building, and utility poles and electric lines can be seen along the left side of the image.
Photograph taken during a flood in February of 1890, showing an old Station A building in Oregon City surrounded by moving water. In the foreground of the frame a wooden waterwheel is visible. An older paper frame can be seen around the edge of the photograph.
Copy of Photograph, showing Station A at Willamette Falls in Oregon City. Multiple generators with large belts can be seen in a high ceiling room, and an individual can be seen standing in the background. Copy made April 16, 1915.
Photograph showing a construction area, with wooden flooring, a wooden tower, and a chute extending towards the center of the frame. Wooden buildings can be seen in the background and to the left of the construction area, and a labeled measuring stick is leaning against a building also near the center of the frame.
Photograph showing a man wearing overalls facing a large wooden box of hog fuel. The man is using a tool to tilt the fuel box, which is suspended on a rope. To the left of the man is the Willamatte River and the Hawthorne Bridge.
Photograph showing a large electrical unit (generator?) at Station L (now Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). In the foreground of the image is a wooden crate with pipes. Written on the negative is “4-15-21.” Also on the back of the negative is written “E-301-L-3326.” (image note: see related image PGE-12-76, PGE 12-77, PGE 12-79).
Photograph showing a large electrical unit (generator?) at Station L (now Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). On the left side of the frame is a wooden crate and wooden boards. Written on the negative is “4-19-21.” (Image note: see related image PGE-12-72, PGE 12-76, PGE 12-77).
Photograph showing electrical equipment and pipes at Station L (now Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). Several gauges, wheels and levers can be seen throughout the image. In the background, metal sheeting can be seen on the far wall. Written on the image is “8-5-1921.” (Image note: see related images PGE 12-72, PGE 12-76, PGE 12-79).
Photograph of an electrical unit (generator?) at Station L (now Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). A set up steps leads to an upper part of the unit, next to several round gauges. In the background, several other pieces of electrical equipment can be seen in front of large windows.
Photograph showing a large electrical unit (generator) at Station L (now Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). Two holes can be seen in the floor in front of the unit, and several pipes are visible in the background. Written on the negative is “PGE 12-76” and “5-28-21.” Also written on the image in pencil is “E-301-L-3330.” (Image note: see related image PGE 12-72, PGE 12-77, PGE 12-79).
Exterior photograph of brick building with multiple white doors. On the left is a paved street lined with power lines and poles, with two automobiles in the distance. An empty grass field is seen in front of the building doors.
Photograph showing a small horse street car, with “Columbia Land Improvement Co.” written on the side. The car sits on a track on a wooden platform. The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame) with the caption “Horse Car.”
Street view of Piedmont car barn building at North Killingsworth Street and North Mississippi Avenue, showing two individuals in suits standing in front. A packed dirt street runs in front of the building, with a white wooden building seen on the right side. Numerous wooden poles and power lines can be seen throughout the image, as well as a wooden water tower in the distance.
Photograph showing a cable car during the “Great Flood of Portland” in 1894. Several men and women sit in the car, and four men stand in the water, all looking at the camera. On the right side, a woman and a baby are visible. The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame), and the caption reads “Photos, of the Great Flood of Portland, Or. June 4th 1894.” Also on the caption is written “Pro. G. L. Eastman Cor, First and Taylor Streets.”