Mostrando 40 resultados

Descripción archivística
Multnomah County (Or.) Churches
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

38 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

First Unitarian Church, Portland

Photograph, taken from the side, showing the entrance to the First Unitarian Church at Southwest 12th Avenue and Southwest Salmon Street in Portland. The text “Unitarian Church” is written on the negative and is partially visible in the lower right corner of the image. Also see related image Nos. 372A1261 and 372A1262.

First Presbyterian Church, Portland, with steeple damaged by lightning

Photograph showing First Presbyterian Church at 11th and Alder streets (now Southwest 11th Avenue and Southwest Alder Street) in Portland on Saturday, July 17, 1920, after lightning damaged the steeple. A cropped version of this photograph was published on the front page of the Oregon Journal’s July 17 city edition under the headline “Bolt Strikes.” The photograph had the following caption: “Steeple of First Presbyterian church, Eleventh and Alder streets, showing where lightning ripped slate off the roof in a jagged streak. Below, the street is roped off to prevent injury to pedestrians.” The photograph accompanied a story with the headline “Steeple Is Shattered by Electric Bolt” and the subheading “Patrolman C. C. Martin, Seeking Shelter From Storm, Knocked Senseless When Shock Hits Edifice; Rain Puts Out Fire.” See related image No. 376G0316.

Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church collection, 1940-2015

  • Coll 189
  • Colección
  • 1940 - 2015

The collection covers various aspects of the history of the church and of its leader, Rev. O.B. Williams, and his wife Willa Jackson Williams. It includes a variety of photographs, with a large percentage of the images relating to the various church groups, including choirs, youth groups, and ushers. A large collection of members’ memorial cards, the pastoral anniversaries of Rev. Williams, some bibles and hymnals (many annotated by Rev. Williams, including two dated 1867 and 1890), church financial records and meeting minutes, and a collection of materials from Dr. Martin Luther King’s 1961 visit are included. A small collection of the Williams’ personal photographs and ephemera can also be found in collection.

Sin título

Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church building

The Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church stands on the southeast corner of N. Vancouver Ave. and Fargo Street. It was originally built in 1909 for the Central Methodist Episcopal Church. Vancouver Avenue (established in 1944) purchased the building in 1951 and inhabits it still. The church was renovated and enlarged in 1957-1958.

First Unitarian Church, Portland

Photograph showing the First Unitarian Church at Southwest 12th Avenue and Southwest Salmon Street in Portland. Cars are parked on the street outside the church. The photograph was taken from Southwest 12th Avenue and the view is to the north. The text “Unitarian Church” is written on the negative and is partially visible in the lower right corner of the image. Also see related image Nos. 372A1260 and 372A1262.

St. David’s Episcopal Church

Photograph, taken from the street, showing St. David’s Episcopal Church at SE 12th Ave and Belmont St. in Portland. It has a gabled roof; a large, round, ornamental window; and arched windows and entryways.

St. David’s Episcopal Church

Photograph, taken from the street, showing St. David’s Episcopal Church, at SE 12th Ave and Belmont St. in Portland. The building has a gabled roof; a large, round, ornamental window; and arched windows and entryways.

Mount Olivet Baptist Church

Photograph of the exterior of Mount Olivet Baptist Church at the corner of NE 1st Avenue and NE Schuyler Avenue in Portland. The building is now occupied by The Well Community Church.

Lee Owen Stone papers, 1903-1977

  • Mss 2423
  • Colección
  • 1930 - 1977

Collection includes: Correspondence, sermons, awards and certificates, files from his activity in the Urban League of Portland and other civil and philanthropic associations, minutes of meetings for Men's Club of St. Philip the Deacon Episcopal Church, missionaries' quarterly reports, etc.

Sin título

Bethel AME Church

Unidentified members of the congregation standing in front of the east side of the Bethel AME (African Methodist Episcopal) Church. The Bethel AME Church once stood on the corner of N. Larrabee Ave. and N. McMillen Street. It was torn down in the 1950s when the city built the Memorial Coliseum.

Trinity Lutheran Church window

Glass windows, a small balcony, and a piano at Trinity Lutheran Church. The top windows feature a lamb, while a robed figure can be seen in the bottom. The building later became the Morning Star Baptist Church, which burned down in 2007 (negative 1 of 8).

Sin título

First Unitarian Church, Portland

Photograph, taken from the side, showing the entrance to the First Unitarian Church at Southwest 12th Avenue and Southwest Salmon Street in Portland. The text “Unitarian Church” is written on the negative and is partially visible in the lower right corner of the image. Also see related image Nos. 372A1260 and 372A1261.

St. Agatha Catholic Church, East 15th and Nehalem, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of St. Agatha Catholic Church at East Fifteenth and Nehalem streets (now Southeast 15th Avenue and Southeast Nehalem Street) in Portland. A cropped version of either this photograph or image No. 376G0175, which is nearly identical, was published on Page 5 of the Oregon Journal city edition on Saturday, October 9, 1920, under the headline “St. Agathas Church In Sellwood Dedicated.” The photograph had the following caption: “St. Agathas Catholic church, corner Fifteenth and Nehalem streets, Sellwood, which was dedicated Sunday morning with impressive ceremonies.” The photograph accompanied a story headlined “Pontifical Mass Blesses Church.” Image note: Scratch at bottom of negative.

St. Agatha Catholic Church, East 15th and Nehalem, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of St. Agatha Catholic Church at East Fifteenth and Nehalem streets (now Southeast 15th Avenue and Southeast Nehalem Street) in Portland. A cropped version of either this photograph or image No. 376G0174, which is nearly identical, was published on Page 5 of the Oregon Journal city edition on Saturday, October 9, 1920, under the headline “St. Agathas Church In Sellwood Dedicated.” The photograph had the following caption: “St. Agathas Catholic church, corner Fifteenth and Nehalem streets, Sellwood, which was dedicated Sunday morning with impressive ceremonies.” The photograph accompanied a story headlined “Pontifical Mass Blesses Church.” Image note: Scratch at bottom of negative.

Resultados 1 a 28 de 40