Photograph showing two cars on a railway trestle bridge, with the Alice Druhot house visible in the background (1903 SW Cable Street). People sit and stand in the cars while looking at the camera. Behind the trains, dirt hills are visible, with very little foliage. On the side of each train is written “Portland Cable Railway Co” and “Post Office – Court House.” The photograph is a reproduction of a pinned image (pins can be seen on the frame).
Negatives documenting company activities, including electrical infrastructure, employees, power generation and distribution throughout Portland, the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Cascade Range. Additional general images include streetcars and trains, street lighting, power line installation, Rose Festival floats, office buildings, car barns and bridges. Of particular note are dam building projects at Bull Run and along the Clackamas River (1910-1930), and early electric stations in Oregon City at Willamette Falls.