Print preview Close

Showing 42 results

Collections
Jackson Tower
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

42 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Five unidentified men outside Oregon Journal building, Portland

Full-length portrait of of five unidentified men standing on the steps outside the Journal Building (now the Jackson Tower) in Portland. The three men in back are wearing suits and ties. The two men in front are barefoot and are wearing suit jackets, collared shirts, ties, and wrapped skirtlike garments. See related image Nos. 371N3074, 371N3075, and 371N3076.

Bill Genn, Oregon State Police

Half-length portrait of a man facing front and wearing an Oregon State Police uniform and badge. He is standing outside the Journal Building (now the Jackson Tower) in Portland. The name “Bill Genn” is written on the negative and is visible at the top of the image.

Unidentified man, head and shoulders portrait

Head and shoulders portrait of an unidentified man facing front and smiling. He is wearing a straw hat, a suit jacket and vest, a collared shirt, and a tie. He is probably standing outside the Journal Building (now known as the Jackson Tower) in Portland. A mark that may be the number 1 is written on the negative and is visible in the lower left corner of the image.

Oregon Journal pressmen with printing press

Full-length portrait of eight unidentified Oregon Journal pressmen with the printing press at the newspaper’s offices in the Journal Building at Broadway and Yamhill streets (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill Street) in Portland. The man standing in front of the press at lower left may be H. A. King, press room foreman. This photograph may be related to image No. 373G0460. The number 122 is written on the negative and is visible in the upper right corner of the image. The number 324 was also written on the negative and then crossed out.

Oregon Journal newsroom

Photograph showing Oregon Journal staff at desks in the newspaper’s offices at the Journal Building in Portland. The building, now known as the Jackson Tower, is located at Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill Street. The windows in this photograph probably overlook Broadway.

P. W. Horn

Head and shoulders portrait of a man standing outside the Journal Building (now the Jackson Tower) in Portland and facing front. He is wearing an overcoat, collared shirt, and tie. The name “P. W. Horn” is written on the negative and is faintly visible on the left side of the image.

Rita Johnston

Head and shoulders portrait of a smiling young woman or teenage girl. She is standing outside the Journal Building (now the Jackson Tower) in Portland, facing right and looking slightly left. She is wearing a coat and scarf and carrying a violin case. The name “Rita Lorrain [sic] Johnston” is written on the negative and is visible at the top of the image. See related image No. 371N1353.

Journal Building, Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the northwest corner of the Journal Building and part of the intersection of Yamhill and Broadway in Portland (now Southwest Yamhill Street and Southwest Broadway). The Oregon Journal occupied the building from 1912 until 1948; it is now known as the Jackson Tower.

A. J. Hobin? and Seely

Half-length portrait of two men standing side by side outside the Oregon Journal building (now the Jackson Tower) and facing front. Both are wearing suits, hats, and ties. A name that could be either “A J Hobin” or “A J Hoben” is written on the negative above the man on the left. The name “Seely” is written on the negative above the man on the right.

Reporters for Oregon Journal national department?

Photograph showing five unidentified men, possibly Oregon Journal reporters, gathered around a desk. They are looking at a copy of Oregon Journal held by the man in the center; he is pointing at the paper. The text “National Dept” is written on the negative and is visible on the left side of the image.

T. J. James, Hyman H. Cohen, and H. A. King with new Oregon Journal printing press

Photograph showing (from left) T. J. James, Hyman H. Cohen, and H. A. King with the Oregon Journal’s new press at the Journal Building (now the Jackson Tower) at Broadway and Yamhill in Portland. A cropped version of this photograph was one of two published on Page 18 of the Oregon Journal on Friday, February 3, 1922. The photographs were published under the headline “Journal’s Newest Press in Service Today.” The photographs had the following caption: “Two views of The Journal’s new high speed octuple press which was operated today for the first time. Its inclusion gives The Journal a battery of four presses having a combined capacity of 208 pages. Below are shown Hyman H. Cohen, market editor (center), starting the press and T. J. James, foreman of the composing room (left), removing the first paper from it. Cohen and James have been with The Journal since its establishment March 10, 1902. At the right is H. A. King, veteran press room foreman.” The photographs accompanied the continuation of a front-page story about the new press.

Mr. and Mrs. Frip

Head and shoulders portrait of a man and woman standing next to each other outside the Oregon Journal building (now the Jackson Tower) in Portland. The man is wearing a suit, hat, and tie. The woman is wearing a hat, necklace, and blouse or dress. The text “Mr + Mrs Frip” is written on the negative and is visible at the top of the image.

Pricilla Galue?

Head and shoulders portrait of a woman facing to the right. She is standing outside the Oregon Journal building (now known as the Jackson Tower) and is wearing a hat and a blouse or dress. A name that appears to be “Pricilla Galue” is written on the negative, but the surname is unclear. The writing is visible at the top of the image.

Journal Building, Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the Journal Building at Broadway and Yamhill Street (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill Street) in Portland. The view is toward the southeast. Workers are visible in some of the windows and at the entrance. The photograph may have been taken in 1912, when the building was still under construction. It was completed that year.

Journal Building under construction at Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the Journal Building during construction at Broadway and Yamhill (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill Street) in Portland in 1912. It was completed later that year. The building is now known as the Jackson Tower. Text that appears to be “3X34” or “3434” and the number 409 are written on the negative and are visible I the upper left corner of the image.

Journal Building, Broadway and Yamhill, Portland

Photograph, taken from a high vantage, showing the Journal Building at Broadway and Yamhill Street (now Southwest Broadway and Southwest Yamhill Street) in Portland. The view is toward the southeast. The photograph may have been taken in 1919; a sign in the window on the ground floor reads “War Savings Stamps 1919.”

Results 1 to 28 of 42