Print preview Close

Showing 4697 results

Collections
Multnomah County (Or.) With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Kellogg’s employees with boxes of Pep Bran Flakes samples

Photograph showing Kellogg’s employees standing in a row outdoors, each holding a box of cereal samples. Each box is labeled “Case No. 210-S / 144-1 ¼ oz. Packages / Kellogg’s Pep Bran Flakes Samples / Kellogg Company / Battle Creek, Michigan, U. S. A.” The photograph was taken in Portland’s South Park Blocks. In the background is the Masonic Temple (now the Mark Building at the Portland Art Museum). See related image No. 372A1159.

Men and trucks outside Ballif Distributing Company, Southeast 2nd Avenue, Portland

Photograph showing unidentified men standing next to delivery trucks parked outside Ballif Distributing Co. facility on Southeast Second Avenue at Southeast Madison Street, Portland. On the building are signs reading (from left to right): “Mar-Vista Wines”; “Ballif Distributing Co.”; and “Schlitz and Old Milwaukee Beer.” See related image No. 372A1165.

Wadhams and Company, Southeast Third Avenue and Belmont, Portland

Photograph showing a warehouse at Southeast Third Avenue and Southeast Belmont Street in Portland. Trucks are parked outside three of the loading areas. On the side of each truck are the words “Wadhams wholesale grocers.” Above the entrance to the building is a sign reading “Wadhams & Co.” Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

The Home Plate restaurant, Southeast 49th and Hawthorne, Portland

Photograph showing the exterior of The Home Plate restaurant at Southeast 49th Avenue and Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard in Portland. An unidentified man in an apron is standing in front of the building. The view is to the north. Across the top of the building are the words “ICES / ALES / CANDY / TOBACCO.” Below that are the words “THE HOME PLATE / ‘HAMBURGERS AND OTHERS.’ “ Image note: Photograph shows discoloration due to deterioration of the negative.

Four men with truck and boxes of beer at Columbia Beverage Company, Portland

Full-length portrait of four unidentified men standing on the sidewalk next to a delivery truck and stacked boxes of Horluck's Vienna-Style Beer. The photograph was taken outside the Columbia Beverage Company at Southeast 13th Avenue and Southeast Division Street in Portland.. The man at left is holding a box and is wearing an apron and a hat with the words “Columbia Beverage Co.” on the front. The other three men, wearing overcoats and suits, are standing in a row behind him. On the side of the truck are the words “Star Vaggi's Mixers” and “Columbia Beverage Co.”

Addition under construction at Montgomery Ward, Portland

Photograph showing an addition under construction at the Montgomery Ward warehouse in Portland in March 1936. A cropped version of this photograph was published on Page 5, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on Sunday, March 29, 1936, under the headline “Pouring Third Floor Block at Ward’s.” The photograph had the following caption: “Building activity is at high gear on this $750,000 project at Montgomery Ward & Co. mail order and retail center at N. W. 27th avenue and Vaughn Street, as 150 men push the nine-story addition into the air.” The photograph accompanied a story headlined “Montgomery Ward Project On Schedule.” Image note: The text “Mont - Ward 3/26/36” is written on the negative and is faintly visible in the lower right corner of the image.

T. J. James, Hyman H. Cohen, and H. A. King with new Oregon Journal printing press

Photograph showing (from left) T. J. James, Hyman H. Cohen, and H. A. King with the Oregon Journal’s new press at the Journal Building (now the Jackson Tower) at Broadway and Yamhill in Portland. A cropped version of this photograph was one of two published on Page 18 of the Oregon Journal on Friday, February 3, 1922. The photographs were published under the headline “Journal’s Newest Press in Service Today.” The photographs had the following caption: “Two views of The Journal’s new high speed octuple press which was operated today for the first time. Its inclusion gives The Journal a battery of four presses having a combined capacity of 208 pages. Below are shown Hyman H. Cohen, market editor (center), starting the press and T. J. James, foreman of the composing room (left), removing the first paper from it. Cohen and James have been with The Journal since its establishment March 10, 1902. At the right is H. A. King, veteran press room foreman.” The photographs accompanied the continuation of a front-page story about the new press.

Building at Southeast Union Avenue and Southeast Alder Street, Portland

Photograph showing a two-story building at the corner of Southeast Union Avenue (now Southeast Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard) and Southeast Alder Street in Portland. On the corner of the building are signs reading “ORE-WA Packing Co.” and “W. W. Swank Co. / 401 / Brokers / 401.” At far left is the building depicted in image No. 372A1217. See related image No. 372A1223. Image note: Light leak on negative.

Unidentified man posing with car and travel trailer, Southeast 6th and Alder, Portland

Photograph showing an unidentified man posing in the street next to a car with a travel trailer. The vehicle is parked outside a building at Southeast 6th Avenue and Southeast Alder streets in Portland, which housed the East Side Commercial Club and Roosevelt Masonic lodge No. 187. The car has a California license plate. See related image Nos. 372A0851 and 372A0852.

1894 Burnside Bridge

Photograph showing the 1894 Burnside Bridge in Portland. The photograph was probably taken from the east side of the Willamette River, facing west and showing the north side of the bridge.

Albina Engine & Machine Works president George Rodgers looking at photographs

Photograph showing George Rodgers, president of Albina Engine & Machine Works in Portland, sitting at a desk and looking at photographs that appear to show piece of damaged metal. The number 144 is written on the negative and is visible in the lower right corner of the image. The note “Albina shipbuilding / Roger & Huson / 11/12/42” is written on the negative sleeve. The date is unverified.

Albina Engine & Machine Works president George Rodgers looking at diagram

Photograph showing George Rodgers, president of Albina Engine & Machine Works in Portland, standing a table and looking at a diagram. He is in profile, facing to the right, and is wearing a hat and suit. The number 143 is written on the negative and is visible in the lower right corner of the image. The note “Albina shipbuilding / Roger & Huson / 11/12/42” is written on the negative sleeve. The date is unverified.

Results 169 to 196 of 4697