Photograph, taken from the front, showing an Oregon Journal car on the newly completed gravel Cloud Cap Road on the north side of Mount Hood in October 1926. The road is surrounded by forest. On October 6, 1926, the Oregon Journal published three related photographs and a front-page story about the completion of the road, headlined “Cloud Cap Road Finished; Fine View Unfolded.” The story reported that the 10-mile-long road, ending at the Cloud Cap Inn, would officially be known as the Cooper spur of the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Construction of the road had begun in 1925. See related image Nos. 374N0470, 374N0471, 374N0472, 374N0502, 374N0521, 374N0522, 374N0523, 374N0524, 374N0526, and 374N0527.