Photograph showing the view of Mount Hood from a segment of the newly completed Cloud Cap Road in October 1926. An Oregon Journal car is stopped on the road at left. On October 6, 1926, the Oregon Journal published three related photographs and a front-page story about the completion of the road, headlined “Cloud Cap Road Finished; Fine View Unfolded.” The story reported that the 10-mile-long road, ending at the Cloud Cap Inn, would officially be known as the Cooper spur of the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Construction of the road had begun in 1925. Two years after this photograph was taken, a cropped version was part of of a photo essay published on Page 1, Section 2, of the Oregon Journal on May 27, 1928. The photographs accompanied a story, headlined “Wild Forest Scenery at City’s Door,” about the views along the Mount Hood Loop Highway. Note: See related image Nos. 374N0470, 374N0471, 374N0502, 374N0519, 374N0521, 374N0522, 374N0523, 374N0524, 374N0526, and 374N0527, also taken on the Cloud Cap Road in October 1926.